Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

I had a busy weekend this past weekend.  My mom flew in from Michigan.  Yea! I missed her so much.

On Saturday we cleaned the house to make it presentable.  My mom hadn't seen it yet and it was pretty messy.  Dishes in the sink, stuff piled on the table and my room had clothes everywhere.  If they had hit the road at noon like they said they were going to I don't think we would have gotten everything done.

When my mom finally got here I showed her the house and then we just hung out for a while.  Too long of a while in my opinion because by the time we got to the movie theater the showing of Harry Potter we were hopping to see was sold out.  The next showing was in 3D.  I am not a huge fan of 3D.  Its too much work for my brain, especially in the heat we have been dealing with.  The movie was good though.  A lot of things I didn't remember from the book but, that is to be expected when you haven't read the book since it came out.

After the movie we headed back to Plattsmouth for the night.  First order of business was a trip to Bellevue for Chinese food.  Yum!  I haven't had Chinese since we first moved in and it was awful.  Back to my grandparents after that and then back to my moms to pack up some pictures for my grandparents to bring to her when they go visit.

Up way to early on Sunday.  My grandparents don't know how to be quiet.  I probably could have slept longer but Max woke me up because he had to go see them.  Grandma made omelets for breakfast, they were delicious.  Church after that.  Everyone was happy to see all of us.  Then back to the grandparents after that for family time.  Too soon it came time for me to take my mom to the airport.  I miss her so much already.

Back home after taking my mom to the airport.  My roommate had friends over for a barbecue.  We played an exciting game of phase 10 twist.  The game was taking to long though so we started skipping the twists and repeat phases.  After they left we watched Cyberbully.  My thoughts on that are a whole separate post though.  Amsale Girls after that and then it was off too bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment