Monday, July 11, 2011

O. M. G. The. Heat.

My grandma's twin brother was in town this weekend with his wife, son, and son's girlfriend.  Ok, not in my town but in my hometown.  So of course I went home for the family barbecue.  The high today was 93.  With 77% humidity and a 110 heat index.  The drive home is about an hour.  I don't have air conditioning in my car.  Have I mentioned that before?

My brain is so fried right now that I have already forgotten what this post was about.  Oh yes, the heat.  The drive with no AC wasn't so bad because I got a breeze from having the windows down.  And even though the kids were in and out of my grandparents house that wasn't so bad either.  It was later when we went over to Iowa to fill up my gas tank.  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa.

Even though I was back last weekend for the 4th the only trip we made into town was to get fireworks (my roomies parents live south of town and in the country) so I hadn't seen the flooding yet.  When we crossed the Platte River I noticed that you could see the moisture in the air.  It wasn't foggy necessarily but there was definitely moisture in the air.  And yes, I live in Nebraska it is humid all the time but this was a new one for me.  The dew point was 82.  Crazy Business, I tell ya.

And the flooding, the water is actually starting to go down.  but it is still crazy.  Even though I knew they were there it was weird to see the sandbags along the highway.  And there were pumps everywhere to attempt to keep the water under control.

I feel like this post is all over the place and I didn't really update on the flooding. And I forgot my camera so I couldn't take any pictures.  Boo.  But yeah, it was really hot and EXTREMELY humid and my poor poor Max.  I had to give him a cold water bath when we got home because he was so hot.  Ok guys, random post over.  Sorry about all the ands in this last paragraph.  My brain is seriously mush right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment